After being told for years that Social Security is “going broke,” baby boomers are realizing that it will soon be their turn to collect. But the decisions you make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits you stand to receive over your lifetime.
This informative seminar covers the basics of Social Security and reveals strategies for maximizing your benefits.
At this workshop you will learn:
• 5 factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
• When it makes sense to delay benefits — and when it does not
• Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
• How to estimate your benefits
• How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
• How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
• How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income
Seating is limited. Please call (810) 220-4900 to reserve your space.
The seminar will take place on three dates:
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 (from 6:15 to 7:30 PM)
South Lyon Township Library
27005 Milford Road
South Lyon, MI 48178
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 (from 6:30 to 7:45 PM)
Hamburg Township Library
10411 Merrill Road
Hamburg, MI 48189
Monday, October 28, 2013 (7:00 – 8:15PM)
100 Library Drive
Brighton, MI 48116
To visit the Sovran and Dillamon website, please click: http://www.sovrandillaman.com/new/pattiandger/default.asp